Up to four continuing BCC students will be selected for $500 awards and up to two graduating students who are planning to be enrolled at a four-year college or university in fall 2010 will be selected for $2,000 awards each. If you know of any eligible students, please provide them with a copy of these instructions and application. Please have them return the completed application to me in Room 261 in the counseling office.
Here is the criteria:
- Student must be currently enrolled in at least six (6) semester units at BCC – however, graduating students may have completed their course-work in the previous fall term.
- Student must have completed a minimum of 12 units at BCC. Semester units completed must include either MATH 48 UW, MATCH 248, 250, 251, 253 or an equivalent course with a final grade earned of “C” or better within the Peralta district.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Be pursuing an AA/AS degree or certificate of completion.
- Demonstrate financial need. Applicants must have completed the 2009-10 FAFSA in advance.
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
- Write an essay of 500 words or less stating academic and career goals, outstanding achievement, obstacles they have overcome, include community service and/or personal triumphs.
The application deadline is April 30, 2010.
Filed under: Scholarships