20 November 2013
Check out the Global Studies Program website for more information on the program and to watch a short video presenting the Global Studies Program.
Enroll in either:
1) English 5 (Critical Thinking) together with History 7B (History of the U.S. Since 1865) – you must enroll in both classes.
2) Political Science 20 (Current World Problems) together with English 1B (Composition & Reading) – you must enroll in both classes.
Note: Completing English 1A (Composition & Reading) is a prerequisite for enrolling in English 5 and English 1B.
Advantages of the program include:
- Some shared curriculum and assignments (you get credit in both classes for the same assignment).
- You are part of a learning community taking two classes with the same students.
- Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays, before and after lunch (12 – 1 PM).
- All courses are transferable to the UC and CSU systems.
How To Enroll:
- Because the courses are locked, they do not appear on the Passport Class Schedule, and so you cannot directly enroll online.
- To enroll, you need a Registration Form which you can get from:
- Joan Berezin, Global Studies Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Or by visiting the Global Studies Program website,
- Or by stopping by the PACE office in Room 343 on the 3rd Floor of Berkeley City College, 2050 Center Street, downtown Berkeley, a half block from the Berkeley BART Station.
Filed under: Academics, General. Tagged: Global Studies Program
6 May 2013
Hosted by the International Students Association and the Global Studies and ESL Programs. See flyer for A Walk around the World.
Tuesday, May 14, 12:15-1:10 pm, BCC Atrium
A chance to meet people from all over the world!
Information tables representing different parts of the world
“Where in the world…?” Place yourself on the map!
Take the “A Walk around the World Challenge”
Music with DJ Leydis!
Dancing and more!
Event sponsored by the International Students Association and the Global Studies and ESL Programs
Filed under: General. Tagged: ESL Prorgram, Global Studies Program, international students association