Berkeley City College will be closed on Thursday, November 27, and Friday, November 28, 2014, for the Thanksgiving Holiday. There will be no classes on Saturday, November 29. Happy Holiday!
Posts Filed under Academics
26 November 2014
17 November 2014
Come to a Biotechnology Open House on Wednesday, December 10, 2014, from 4 – 5 pm, in Room 518, and learn how BCC’s Biotechnology Program can help prepare you for a successful career in biotechnology and research. Please read the flyer below:
13 November 2014
Next Monday, November 17th, will be the beginning of International Education Week at the Peralta Colleges and we are kicking it off with 3 events at Berkeley City College from 11am – 2pm (pdf). We’d love to have you all join us for all three events.
The first is a Workshop called Crossing Cultures in the Auditorium from 11am – 12pm. This is an interactive workshop that will discuss and explore cultures, cultural differences, and promote cross-cultural dialogue. We hope that students from all disciplines and backgrounds can attend.
Afterwards in the Atrium, there will be a Walk Around the World Celebration from 12:15pm – 1pm. BCC students will represent about 20 different countries and share information about their countries.
Finally, from 1pm – 2pm in the Auditorium, come to a The Life of a Peace Corp Volunteer to listen to returned Peace Corp Volunteers talk about their experiences abroad. This is a great opportunity for any student who may be interested in joining the Peace Corp, would like to learn more about the Peace Corp, or would like to live and do great work abroad.
There are other events at Alameda, Laney, and Merritt that include International Student Panels, Study Abroad and more!
If anyone has questions, please contact:
Thomas Torres-Gil, DSO
International Program Manager
Office of International Education
333 East 8th Street
Oakland, CA 94606
30 October 2014
You are cordially invited to join us in celebrating our student artists in the Student Show, Fall 2014. The reception will be held on Thursday, Nov 20 in the Jerry Adams Gallery from 6 to 8 PM. Their work will be exhibited from Nov. 15 to Jan. 23.
BCC Student Art show, Reception: November 20, 2014
Pearl Jones Tranter
28 October 2014
Whether you are a continuing or new Berkeley City College student, plan to enroll early to reserve your place in class. Find
out student enrollment dates here, or click on the image below.
Spring 2015 Semester begins Tuesday, January 20, 2015, and ends Friday, May 22, 2015
Peruse the BCC Spring 2015 Class Schedule here or click on the image below.
22 October 2014
Tuesday, October 28th from 11:00 – 1:30 pm, the Health Ed students are presenting their Health Fair in the Berkeley City College Atrium, 2050 Center Street, downtown Berkeley.
Join us for fantastic information and confirmed attendance by Covered California, Berkeley Builds Capacity, Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine College, AIDS Project of the East Bay, Planned Parenthood, and of course, the Peralta Wellness Center.
11 October 2014
Cost of the flu shot is paid by the student health fee. Peralta District Health Services is holding a flu shot clinic at Berkeley City College on Wednesday, October 15, 2014, from 12:30 – 3:30 p.m., in Room 122 (first floor).
The full schedule of flu shot clinics for Peralta students on campuses:
- Merritt – Wed., Oct. 15, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m., Health Center R-106
- Berkeley – Wed., Oct. 15, 12:30 – 3:30 p.m., Rm 122
- Alameda – Wed., Oct. 22, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m., Student Center F Building
- Laney – Wed., Oct. 22, 12:30 – 3:30 p.m., Cafeteria
Get Your Flu Shot! It’s paid for by your student health fee!
Visit the District Health Services website.
Find out more about H1N1 and what to do about about the flu
24 September 2014
TRANSFER DAY @ BCC is
Monday, October 6, 2014 from
10am – 1pm in the BCC Atrium
Come meet representatives from over 40 colleges and universities. Ask about the academic programs they offer, student life, financial aid opportunities—anything you’re curious about! This information and recruitment event is for you. Download the Transfer Day Flyer here or click on the image below view it:
Confirmed Participants (as of 9/25/2014):
- American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine College
- American Musical and Dramatic Academy, College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts
- Argosy University
- Associated Students of Berkeley City College & Berkeley City College Service Community
- Berkeley City College Counseling Department & Transfer/Career Information Center
- Brandman University
- California College of the Arts
- California Institute of Integral Studies
- California State University, East Bay
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, Northridge
- California State University, Sacramento
- Colorado State University
- Columbia College Chicago
- Columbia University, School of General Studies (1:30pm info session in room 243, Transfer Center)
- Destination Law School, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Dominican University of California
- Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandizing, San Francisco
- Golden Gate University
- Holy Names University
- Humboldt State University
- Mills College
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- National University
- NewSchool of Architecture & Design
- Notre dame de Namur University
- Palo Alto University
- Prescott College
- Saint Mary’s College of California
- Samuel Merritt College
- San Francisco Art Institute
- San Francisco State University
- San Jose State University
- Sierra Nevada College
- Southern Oregon University
- University of Arizona
- University of California, Berkeley & UC Berkeley Summer Sessions, Study Abroad & Lifelong Learning
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Los Angeles (1:30pm info session in 2nd floor Counseling Lobby)
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Nevada, Reno
- University of Phoenix
- University of San Francisco
- Walden University
- Woodbury University
TRANSFER DAYS at Peralta Sister Colleges:
College of Alameda Thursday, 10/09/14
Merritt College Monday, 10/13/14
Laney College Tuesday, 10/14/14