Project LETS presents www.LetsEraseTheStigma.com
There is nothing cool, strong, or hero-worthy about not sleeping or eating.
It’s midterm season for many students – which can encourage a disturbing culture of not sleeping, eating, or taking care of oneself: and pushing one’s body and mind to total burnout or point of breakdown.
This is not healthy or okay.
Encourage yourself & folks around you to:
- Check in with each other on a genuine level
- Hold space for conversations outside of academics
- Bring each other snacks/drinks/meals
- Not compare/discuss grades
- Take breaks! Do fun things!
- Be honest about your schedules – are you over-committed? Are you taking too many classes? Is there anything you can cut?
- Not glamorize unhealthy behaviors, such as not sleeping or eating. Don’t be afraid to check in with friends privately & directly to let them know you are concerned.